Agreements, Contracts & Legal Documents.
Legal documents such as postnuptial and prenuptial agreements can fail if you don’t get it right. Drafting family law agreements can be complicated. As a result, we often see folks get themselves into deep trouble with the DIY approach. When drafting a contract, it is easy to omit important provisions or phrase your agreement in a way that may result in an outcome you do not want. Whether you are doing it yourself and just want a pair of legal expert eyes to catch the fine details or you are wanting an agreement crafted from scratch, consider using our family law knowledge to get it right.
Types of Family Law Agreements
At Weber Dispute Resolution, we are prepared to handle just about any type of family law agreement. If we are not able to draft an agreement to fit your needs, we likely know the perfect resources to help you out. So, here is a short list of the types of agreements we are expert at drafting, reviewing for completeness, and supporting you in modifying:
- Premarital / Prenuptial Agreements – An agreement signed before the date of marriage to help govern how you and your spouse will interact on money issues.
- Postnuptial Agreements – An agreement signed after the date of marriage to help govern how you and your spouse will interact on money issues.
- Transmutation Agreements – An agreement between spouses to convert separate property to community property or community property to separate property.
- Cohabitation Agreements – A contract for unmarried folks to govern their relationship to include money issues.
- Domestic Partnership Settlement Agreements – An agreement to settle the terms of ending a domestic partnership.
- Marital Settlement Agreements – An agreement to settle the terms of your divorce. This document can become part of your divorce decree.
- Separation Agreements – A contract to govern the terms for spouses who are separating.
Don’t miss important parts of your agreement!
Call 858-410-0144 for a seasoned legal resource.
Get Resources on Agreements
Learn about the various types of agreements by checking out the following:
- FAQs – Agreements
- Prenuptial Agreements in California: Dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s
- This Is Not Your Parents’ Prenup: Debunking Prenup Myths
- Prenuptial Agreements Are on the Rise, And More Women Are Requesting Them