“Divorce is not just a legal process.
It’s a human experience.”
– Shawn Weber, CLS-F
Lead Counsel and Mediator
Shawn Weber’s Approach
For Shawn, your divorce is a human experience, not just a legal process. Invoking his dolphin lawyering philosophy, he uses good-natured humor and his empathic gifts. Since he is a master mediator and negotiator, Shawn creates a calm and safe environment. He starts with having you answer HOW you want to divorce because it is almost as important as deciding WHETHER to divorce.
Decide now whether you want dolphin lawyering or a shark.
Want to learn how to choose your family law process? Click Here.
As the dolphin lawyer rather than a shark, Shawn is not your everyday family law attorney. His extensive conflict management skills reduce conflict in all areas of divorce relationships. He also has:
- a profound ability to read people and get into the world they are experiencing so he can uncover the necessary clarity in each divorce relationship dynamic;
- a longer range view seeking long-term solutions for the greatest benefit now and after divorce, taking a more holistic approach, instead of quick fixes;
- commitment to telling you what you need to hear rather than what you want to hear;
- grounded stance in the reality of what you will get and what you won’t get.
Shawn understands that family law disputes often invoke the most primal of human emotions.
So, he coaches you on how to navigate the constantly changing currents of family law. For example, he will show you how to separate the noise in hostile emails from distinguishing nuggets that need a response. Additionally, he can show you how to reduce conflict with the other party, and how to interact in an effective solutions way as opposed to an angry, defensive, hostile manner.
Clients rely heavily on Shawn for advice and protection, especially when the stakes are high. As a result, you will experience clarity, safety and direction that gives you a chance for healthier kids, healthier families and a healthier, more self-assured you.
Is Shawn’s dolphin lawyering approach what you are seeking?
Then call 858-410-0144 to schedule a free initial
15-minute telephone consultation with Shawn today.
Experience and Qualifications
California Certified Specialist in Family Law
Holding a Certified Family Law Legal Specialist (CLS-F) designation by the California State Bar Board of Legal Specialization, Shawn has worked solely in the area of family law for more than 16 years. In that time, he has proven to be a skilled advocate and lawyer, as well as an adept negotiator and mediator. He is especially skilled in resolving difficult divorce, alimony, child support, custody and visitation issues in a safe and confidential environment through mediation, with a high success rate.
A “Dolphin Lawyer” Rather than a Shark
Shawn adheres to his unique dolphin lawyering approach, which analogizes the lawyer to a dolphin rather that the common stereotype of a shark. As a result, Shawn focuses solely on mediation, collaborative divorce, consulting and agreements. In 2006, he became a partner in Brave, Weber & Mack where he took on added responsibilities as the firm’s CFO. Prior to that, he was the firm’s Managing Lawyer, where he grew the firm from a small solo practice to a four lawyer, 10-person firm. Finally, Shawn leads and directs Weber Dispute Resolution, where he applies his vast know-how and extensive peacemaking skills as a mediator and advocate to help families resolve legal issues without family court.
A Respected Mediator and Trainer
Using friendly dolphin lawyering instead of angry lawsuits, Shawn is trusted and known as a skilled mediator and collaborative lawyer. Because of his pledge to peacemaking, Shawn is a co-founder of Family Resolution Institute, where he trains others as mediators and conflict managers. He also coaches and trains other professionals in the dolphin lawyering approach.
Want to Become a Divorce Mediator? Click Here.
View Shawn’s LinkedIn Profile for more details on his know-how and credentials or view the right sidebar on this page for snippets.
Read What Others Are Saying About Shawn
Shawn in the Media
Because of Shawn’s rare skill to handle family law cases with patience and compassion, he is respected in the field. Due to his recognized peacemaking knowledge, Shawn is busy spreading the word in the San Diego community and beyond.
So check out some of Shawn’s radio spots, TV appearances, and videos to gain helpful tidbits on divorce options and resources.
- “Mediation/Dolphin Lawyering”, Your Wealth Hour with Hosts Ryan White and Karen Kaseno. ESPN 1700 AM. August 18, 2016.
- “Tips for Successful Holiday Co-parenting”, The Real Estate Radio Hour with Hosts Ryan White, David McElveen, Guests: Justin Reckers and Shawn Weber. ESPN 1700 AM. December 5, 2013.
- “Concerns for People Contemplating a Separation or Divorce / Options for How to Get a Divorce”, The Real Estate Radio Hour with Hosts Ryan White, David McElveen, Guests: Justin Reckers and Shawn Weber. ESPN 1700 AM. April 4, 2013.
- “Collaborative Divorce / Divorce Mediation / Nesting”, The Real Estate Radio Hour with Hosts Ryan White, David McElveen, Guests: Brian Davis and Shawn Weber. ESPN 1700 AM. February 12, 2013.
- “Divorce Options / Divorce and Insurance“, The Real Estate Radio Hour with Hosts Ryan White, David McElveen, Guests: Shawn Weber and Drew Hardin. ESPN 1700 AM. October 2, 2014.
- “Cuts To San Diego County Courts Are Affecting Families”, KPBS TV Interview on Evening Edition. Guest Shawn Weber. December 3, 2012.
Giving Back to Community
Shawn views service as a high calling. Consequently, Shawn volunteers with the Boy Scouts of America and mentor’s youth at his church. Especially relevant to family law, he served as a Board Member of the Collaborative Family Law Group of San Diego from 2005-2013 and served as the group’s President in 2009. Additionally, Shawn worked as President of Collaborative Practice California (CP Cal) from 2015-2016 and now serves as a member of its Board of Directors.
Shawn is a father of five. So, he gets the human side of family law. As a result, he brings his real life experience to the table for his clients.
Call Shawn today at 858-410-0144 to schedule a free
initial 15-minute telephone consultation.